AFT Impulse 8
Waterhammer & Surge Analysis Software
AFT Impulse is a powerful dynamic simulation and analysis software used to calculate pressure surge transients in liquid piping systems caused by waterhammer.
- Easily model a wide range of system components and surge devices
- Understand the transient response of your system, knowing how valves, pumps and other components will dynamically interact with each other.
- Evaluate the effect of pressure surges due to vapor cavity collapse by modeling vapor cavitation and liquid column separation.
- Validate the design of safety features to produce safer, more economical pipe systems.
Design and Operate Your System with Greater Safety and Reliability
- Avoid potentially catastrophic effects of waterhammer and other undesirable system transients
- Prevent transient pressure issues by properly sizing and locating surge equipment, such as surge tanks, gas accumulators, and relief valves
- Initiate transients based on time or events in the system
- Reduce surge magnitudes by adjusting system component transients such as valve closure time or pump speed
- Easily animate and visualize a waterhammer event to improve fundamental understanding
- Calculate transient unbalanced forces and define forces sets as location pairs or single points
- Specify design alerts that automatically highlight output values that are out of range for flow, peak pressure, velocity, and more
- Compile libraries of your frequently used piping components and quickly select them from a drop down list
- Ensure pressure extremes are within design allowables
- Size and locate surge suppression equipment
- Determine imbalanced pipe forces and sizing structural supports
- Troubleshoot existing systems to determine the cause of operational problems
- Evaluate the effect of pressure surges due to vapor cavity collapse
AFT Impulse Add-On Modules
With these software extension tools, you can quickly and efficiently
complete projects. Modules can work individually or together within
AFT Impulse and with your existing AFT Impulse models.
The only commercial software solution that can model both non-settling and settling slurry waterhammer effects.
Pulsation Frequency Analysis
Helps identify and avoid resonant frequencies in systems, especially in those caused by positive displacement pumps.