We can add value to every stage of the nuclear lifecycle….
Our experience and understanding of the lifecycle of the nuclear industry means we can support every stage of a capital project whether for new build, a modification or decommissioning:
- Early feasibility and concept work with optioneering to support Preliminary Safety Cases
- Robust front end engineering design (FEED) including Hazard Identification and Risk Reduction with substantiation to support modern day pre-commencement safety cases
- Thorough detailed design to proven industry standards ensuring safety and security requirements turn into purchasing specifications
- Factory/Site Acceptance test verifying requirements have been incorporated in manufactured equipment correctly to support pre-commissioning safety reports
- Preparing and executing commissioning protocols to validate and demonstrate performance of systems, structures and components for safe operation of plant.
- Training operators in the safe operation and emergency response to process equipment upsets.
- Preparing and supporting equipment maintenance, inspection and testing (EMIT) schedules for ongoing safe operation.
- Once in operation, our practical understanding of working on licensed sites and the realities of how plants behave over time means we can solve arising operational challenges and identify opportunities for improvement within a safe system of work and robust change control processes.
We offer chemical engineering to the nuclear industry…
Our technical skills and expertise provide solutions to niche areas of the nuclear industry:
- Nuclear chemical engineering, particularly waste management and treatment including high temperature oxidation, ion exchange, molecular sieves, heat exchange and recovery, chemical reactions and filtration.
- Novel isotope separation technology including fractional distillation, membrane separation, thermal diffusion, catalytic exchange and molecular diffusion.
- Tritium handling technology including recovery, separation, purification, gettering, and storage and measurement.
- Containment system design, including inert atmospheres, pressurised systems, cascade ventilation systems, emission detection and abatement, recovery and clean in place technology.
We know what’s expected of us….
Underpinning our technical experience and capability is our understanding of what it takes to work in the nuclear industry:
- Progressive and strong safety culture from working on nuclear licensed sites and our own leadership in Process Safety
- Heighten security awareness and familiarity with UK nuclear security arrangements for personnel, information and physical protection
- Assuring a high degree of quality by working to the requirements of ISO9001
- SQEP competence management framework to ensure the right people do the right job
- Commitment to work collaboratively and fairly with others, as a signatory to NDA Supply Chain Charter
If there is anything we can help you with, please don’t hesitate to contact us.